Saturday, August 27, 2005

Quality Virtual Crap

I definitely blame this idea on being up too late and watching QVC people try to sell tech stuff. Suddenly features that warrant dropping $1600 include a modem!, software: PeachTree, Nascar game, Acrobat Reader (wtf!?!?!), etc., and "lots of plug areas". Whoa buddy. The next item was some flat TV, I wasn't really paying attention because this idea popped into my head... I want TV "tiles". I want to be able to buy these tiles as I go so that I can start off with maybe 4 5x5 tiles and add to it as I get more money. They should be thin and be able to be hung on the wall. Connectors on all 4 sides similar to how waffle blocks used to mesh together could sense the edges because there would be no connection on one or two sides. Theoretically you could have an entire wall as your TV :). I would draw a picture now, but I'm going to make the last intelligent decision of the evening and go to bed!

2 comments:

---ryan said...

Interesting, I like it. You can "level" your TV as you "level" your life. Get a raise, buy another 4 tiles for the TV. Now, the technical in mean wonders if you could hide the seam.

crturboguy said...

Probably not completely hide the seam, but I'm betting you could make it pretty close (~5 pixels?).

--JOsh