Friday, July 15, 2005

Matrix style

Here is one of my biggest problems that I would LOVE to have solved... shopping. I hate it. About every 6 months when I decided to give it a try again or get roped into an excursion, it always disappoints me. Now don't confuse shopping with buying. I'm all for the buying of new stuff anywhere from tech toys to clothes, but I absolutely hate the shopping part!

The process usually goes something like this... I decide that I need something, as a current example, a skirt to wear for the end performance at ballroom camp which has to work for both rumba AND waltz plus conform to BYU rules. So then I do some research and check out stores online to see if I can avoid searching by foot. This almost always fails me so I have to resort to the dreaded shopping. I get to drag my butt to stores, listen to high schoolers complain about their weight, and then I get frustrated because I know exactly what I want and nothing like it exists.

What I want is shopping like in the matrix. You know the scene where Neo and Trinity are going into the Matrix to save Morpheus and they need guns, lots of guns. All they have to do is say the word and wooooosh! rows and rows of guns fly past them. It could also be like that old car search commercial where the guy describes exactly what he wants and it whittles down the choices.

This might not satisfy the people who actually like going out and searching for hours to not find anything they want, but in my perfect world this would make my life even happier.

6 comments:

---ryan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
---ryan said...

As long as it has anti-colorblind logic built in, I'm all for it.

You are not going to wear that, are you?

Christopher Trottier said...

I hate shopping too. Problem is, I like getting new stuff.

Anonymous said...

Ahh, Samantha has a blog... muhuhwhuhuh!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love to shop when I have bunches of money.

Which is seldom.

I hate shopping. >:(

Anonymous said...

I enjoy shopping, but only when I get get stuff free after rebates. Now, if we could get the free, without the aftre rebates, that would be wunderbar!