Monday, October 31, 2005

Lead me, don't tease me

This past weekend was my last ballroom competition as a college student :( It was a pretty successful comp and I think that all of our new competitors had a great time. My highlights of the day included 3rd place in Tango and West Coast with Jill leading, 2nd in Waltz and Hustle with Bryan, and 1st in American Rumba with Bryan, Jack and Jill Waltz with #133, and Merengue with me leading Kathy!

I also got to drive one of the 15 passenger vans with Thomas as my co-pilot. We had the sweet setup shown below to pump our iPod music throughout the van. I love my Belkin TuneCast II FM transmitter and power adapter! There are a few cables to deal with, but once it's laid out in a good spot, there isn't a problem.

It's great for long rides because the power adapter takes care of the iPod and the transmitter, hence all of the cables. The transmitter does a great job with reception and you can choose from the whole spectrum of radio channels, so finding a free frequency is not a problem. Now I just need a new source for road trips.

3 comments:

Jason said...

Wow, where is the flux capacitor at? It has to be in the middle of that cluster somewhere :-)

I know exactly what you mean thouh, I love my iPod and iTrip. It's even better when coupled with the XM radio in our van. Nearly limitless, commercial-free options (I REALLY despise commercials).

---ryan said...

Need a new source for road trips? Have you considered delivering pizzas?

Anonymous said...

I'll bet your setup doesn't beat Aaron 's wireless bridge pumped off his cell phone that we broadcast to the other van ;). That pic certainly brings back memories. Hope all is going well post-graduation. Take care.

- James