Tuesday, January 10, 2006

New Year, New Life

Aaron requested info about my first week of work. Well I could tell you, but I'd have to kill you :). To sum it up in a nutshell, I like work a lot more than school, which is good since I'll be working for a good chunk of my life. I enjoy having evenings and weekends instead of days that just blur together, and I can't help but gloat about how lucky I landed myself. The one main thing that I miss is the company. Now that I have free nights and weekends (that was for you Aaron), everyone except Jordan doesn't, or they are somewhere other than CR. The atmosphere is much different from my last four years, so it will probably take me a few weeks to adjust and find my groove again. In the mean time I will keep myself entertained by finding random things like my night-vision binoculars while sifting keepers from Goodwill donations. And just to clarify to the rest of the world who has not already asked me, no I will not be buying a new car or a house, however a new winter coat and possibly a MacBook Pro may be in my future...

2 comments:

---ryan said...

Once you get that Mac, we'll have to get you a light switch widget, you know, for the raves. That is until you buy that new coat.

Aaron Hurd said...

So, about those weekends . . . what are you up to on Monday? Something (specifically Rebecca) tells me that I will be visiting the Iowa City area that weekend, and I might just be able to stop by. :-)